DUBLIN's DISTILLERY TRAIl
A private whiskey trail through Dublin City including visits to three fully operational distilleries in the famous Liberties neighbourhood of Dublin
DISTILLERY TRAIL BEGINS AT 1:15pm
Our meeting point is James Fox Cigar & Whiskey Shop at 119 Grafton Street. The shop is in a very central location, just across the road from the front gates of Trinity College. We board executive transport nearby and we take you to the Liberties neighbourhood of Dublin, which once housed 32 working distilleries, all of which disappeared in the 20th century. But now, distilling is returning to the Liberties with a bang! And this afternoon, we take you to three new Dublin distilleries.
Our first visit is to the Dublin Liberties Distillery – a brand new distillery set in a 300-year-old building. Along with learning how their whiskeys are made and how they differ from other world brands, you’ll be entertained with some wonderful stories on characters who lived over many years in The Liberties. Tastings include Dubliner Tannery Edition (exclusive to the distillery), Liberties Oak Devil and Dubliner Honeycomb Liqueur.
the Liberties and the golden triangle
Just a short walk around the block will see us at Teeling Whiskey Distillery – the first new distillery to open in Dublin for over 125 years. We do a private visit to Teelings which includes a shortened visit to the distillery floor, there’s no need to do a full process tour again. We arrive in the bar for a private tasting of Teeling Small Batch and Teeling Single Pot Still – the latter being the first Dublin whiskey to be made in the city in nearly 50 years.
PEARSE LYONS DISTILLERY
Next we’re off to Pearse Lyons Distillery, set in St. James’ Church which dates back to the 12th century. The tour includes a saunter around the graveyard on the grounds of the church and the you’ll hear the fascinating stories of those buried there. Discover the distillery in all it’s glory, set in the restored church. We’ll have a private tasting of three Pearse Lyons whiskeys and their delicious Dublin gin.
We finish our whiskey trail back in the city center, by dropping you at your hotel or wherever you request. We’re glad to give you some restaurant/pub recommendations or indeed some tips for the rest of your trip! See package and pricing details below….
- Private half day whiskey trail (1:15pm – 5:30pm) in Dublin City. Non-repetitive visits and tastings at each distillery included
- Travel in executive transport from whiskey stop to stop – just you and your party.
- Whiskey Specialist Host to accompany you throughout and to provide a glimpse at the booming Irish whiskey industry
- City tour of Dublin – your guide will tell you about the many districts of Dublin we pass, such as; College Green, Temple Bar, Financial District, the River, High Courts, Medieval Dublin and the key whiskey districts, past and present!
- Fully guided tour of The Dublin Liberties Distillery with sampling of Dubliner Tannery Edition (exclusive to the distillery), Liberties Oak Devil, and Dublin Honeycomb Liqueur (shared experience)
- Bespoke visit to Teeling Whiskey Distillery with a special private sampling in the bar; Small Batch Teeling Whiskey and their very special Single Pot Still
- Bespoke Pearse Lyon’s Distillery tour. Includes private tasting of 3 whiskeys in the Pearse Lyons range; Original, Distillers Choice, Founder’s Reserve and also their delicious Ha’penny gin
- All taxes and charges