THE DUBLIN WHISKEY STORY
Discover the magic of the one-time whiskey making capital of the world and sample some great whiskeys while you’re in our care! We travel in luxury transport and the trail is fully guided by a whiskey expert.
WHISKEY ADVENTURE BEGINS AT 1:45pm
Our meeting point is James Fox Cigar & Whiskey Shop at 119 Grafton Street. The shop is in a very central location, just across the road from the front gates of Trinity College. Your friendly Whiskey Island Host is here to meet you and check you in for the tour and you have time to browse through the vast stocks of whiskeys while we wait for all guests to arrive.
Just next door we have our first stop – The Irish Whiskey Museum – a very fitting introduction to Irish Whiskey. Enjoy the captivating anecdotes of talented story tellers as they take you on a journey through the ages revealing the origins of Irish whiskey, its rise to glory, dramatic downfall and current global revival. Tasting of 3 quintessential Irish whiskeys included at the end of the tour, in the bar.
visit the ORIGINAL HOME OF JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY
We board our luxury transport which is stationed not far from the museum and we travel along the River Liffey to Smithfield – to the home of Jameson Irish Whiskey. John Jameson started distilling his famous whiskey here in 1780 and today, the Jameson visitor centre in the old distillery buildings is one of the most popular attractions in the city. Rather than taking the tour here at Jameson’s we have arranged a very special whiskey tasting for guests – the cask draw experience in the new live maturation warehouse – not to be missed.
VISIT TO ROE & CO - DUBLin's newest distillery
Decades after the original Roe & Co Distillery closed its gates, one of Ireland’s most influential names is inspiring a whiskey for a new generation. A visit to the state-of-the-art Roe & Co distillery, located in the former Guinness Power Station, takes you right to the heart of this remarkable resurgence of Irish Whiskey. We take a special three-part tour at Roe & Co. Observe the operational distillery, hear the hum of productivity, and witness the copper pot stills and mash tun from an impressive elevated glass walkway. Explore the unique process that makes Roe & Co a whiskey like no other in Room 106, named after the number of blends it took to perfect the Roe & Co liquid. Next we have a tutored cocktail & flavour workshop in Flavours Room where guests will explore the five pillars of flavour; sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami, and uncover their ideal taste profile when it comes to whiskey. Finally, enjoy a bespoke cocktail in the Power House Bar!
We finish our whiskey trail at The Celtic Whiskey Shop for a tasting of two premium Irish whiskeys and a delicious liqueur with one of the store’s whiskey ambassadors. The store is a whiskey lovers heaven and it is very central, just off St Stephen’s Green, so we finish back in the downtown area and we’re glad to give you some dinner recommendations and a few names of our favourite pubs that you should check out!
- Half day whiskey adventure (1:45pm – 6:30pm) in Dublin City
- Travel in executive transport from whiskey stop to stop
- Local guide with background in whiskey to bring the Dublin whiskey story to life
- City tour of Dublin – your guide will tell you about the many districts of Dublin we pass, such as; College Green, Temple Bar, Financial District, the River, High Courts, Medieval Dublin and the key whiskey districts, past and present!
- Fully guided tour of The Irish Whiskey Museum with tastings of 3 Irish Whiskeys.
- Maturation House Cask Draw Experience at Jameson Distillery Bow St – tasting of rare 16 year old Jameson included.
- Visit to Roe & Co Distillery in the Liberties area of Dublin. Three part tour to include the working distillery, a sensory whiskey tasting and a cocktail workshop.
- Tastings with an Irish whiskey ambassador at The Celtic Whiskey Shop – 2 premium whiskeys and an Irish cream liqueur included.
Special 2020 rate: €119 euro per person (€149)