THE DUBLIN WHISKEY STORY
Discover the magic of the one-time whiskey making capital of the world and sample some great whiskeys while you’re in our care! Private trail for you and your party. Travel in luxury transport and a Whiskey Specialist Host accompanies throughout.
WHISKEY ADVENTURE BEGINS AT 1:45pm
Our meeting point is James Fox Cigar & Whiskey Shop at 119 Grafton Street. The shop is in a very central location, just across the road from the front gates of Trinity College. Your friendly Whiskey Specialist Host is here to meet you.
Just next door we have our first stop – The Irish Whiskey Museum – a very fitting introduction to Irish Whiskey. Enjoy the captivating anecdotes of talented story tellers as they take you on a journey through the ages revealing the origins of Irish whiskey, its rise to glory, dramatic downfall and current global revival. Tasting of 3 quintessential Irish whiskeys included at the end of the tour, in the bar.
visit the ORIGINAL HOME OF JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY
We board our executive transportation which is stationed not far from the museum and we travel along the River Liffey to Smithfield – to the home of Jameson Irish Whiskey. John Jameson started distilling his famous whiskey here in 1780 and today, the Jameson visitor centre in the old distillery buildings is one of the most popular attractions in the city. Your Host takes you on a stroll of the buildings sharing ‘insider’ knowledge of the Jameson story. No need to take the tour here at Jameson’s, instead we arrange a very special whiskey tasting for guests – the cask draw experience in the new live maturation warehouse – not to be missed.
VISIT TO ROE & CO - DUBLin's newest distillery
We travel just a short distance to the Liberties Neighborhood next to visit one of the city’s new working distilleries.
Nearly a century after the original Roe Distillery closed its doors, the parent company of Guinness have resurrected the one-time most produced pure pot still Irish whiskey brand in the world. A visit to the new state-of-the-art Roe & Co Distillery, located in the former Guinness Power Station, includes a three-part tour. Observe the operational distillery, hear the hum of productivity, and witness the copper pot stills and mash tun from an impressive elevated glass walkway. Explore the unique process behind Roe & Co whiskey in Room 106, named after the number of blends it took to perfect the Roe & Co liquid. Next we have a tutored cocktail & flavour workshop in Flavours Room where guests will explore the five pillars of flavour; sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami, and uncover their ideal taste profile when it comes to whiskey. Finally, enjoy a bespoke cocktail in the Power House Bar!
We finish the trail by dropping you off at your hotel in Dublin City and we’re glad to give you some dinner recommendations and a few names of our favourite pubs that you should check out.
- Private half day whiskey adventure in Dublin City – for you and your party only
- Travel in executive transport from whiskey stop to stop
- Bottled water and Wifi on board
- Whiskey Specialist Host to accompany you throughout and to bring the Dublin whiskey story to life
- Private City tour of Dublin – your Host will guide you through the many districts of Dublin we pass, such as; College Green, Temple Bar, Financial District, the River, High Courts, Medieval Dublin and the key whiskey districts, past and present.
- Fully guided tour of The Irish Whiskey Museum with tastings of 3 Irish Whiskeys
- Maturation House Cask Draw Experience at Jameson Distillery Bow St – tasting of rare 16 year old Jameson included
- Visit to Roe & Co Distillery in the Liberties area of Dublin. Three-part-tour to include working distillery visit, sensory whiskey tasting and a cocktail workshop
- Drop off at your hotel (or wherever suits you in the city center)