IRELAND'S HIDDERN HEARTLANDS WHISKEY TRAIL
Want to escape Dublin to the Irish countryside for a day? This tour is for you! Private tour, for you and your party
9:30AM DEPARTURE FROM DUBLIN CITY
Pick up at your hotel in Dublin City. Your executive transport will be there ready for boarding and we head out of the city for the west. Your Whiskey Specialist Host will entertain you as you sit back and enjoy the Irish countryside. Don’t get too comfortable! Our first stop is only a quick hour down the road. First stop is Kilbeggan Distillery. We take the tour here at Kilbeggan which includes a master class in the tasting of three Irish whiskeys from the Kilbeggan Distillery Range – Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey, Kilbeggan Single Grain and Tyrconnell Single Malt
ATHLONE AND IRELAND's OLDEST PUB
Next we visit one of Ireland’s most authentic towns, Athlone. Enjoy some free time here / grab some lunch. When we regroup, your host will take you for a visit to Sean’s Bar – Ireland’s oldest pub. In fact, Sean’s Bar is not only the oldest bar in Ireland, it’s the oldest in Europe. And right now, it is the oldest pub in the world! Timmy or Declan, who both run the bar, will show you a letter from the Guinness Book of Records as proof! They also have their very own whiskey brands which are really, really good. And you’ll enjoy a tasting of Sean’s Specially Blended & Single Malt Irish Whiskeys during our visit to the pub.
Another quick transfer by road will have us at the home of Tullamore D.E.W., one of the biggest Irish whiskeys in the world. We take a tour of the Tullamore plant and you will be afforded the opportunity to try all whiskeys in the Tullamore range, including; Tullamore D.E.W. Original, Old Bonded Warehouse Release, XO Rum Cask, Trilogy and their 18YO Single Malt. After time for shopping, we hit the road for Dublin and have you back at your hotel for 6:30pm. See details of package & pricing below…
- Private full day tour to the midlands of Ireland, including counties; Westmeath & Offaly (approx 9:30am – 6:30pm)
- Travel from stop to stop in executive transportation with chauffeur (BMW 520d / Mercedes Viano, Sprinter or similar)
- Bottled water and Wifi on board
- Whiskey Specialist Host to bring the Irish whiskey story to life, give commentary on board and oversee all components on the day
- Guided tour of Kilbeggan Distillery with a masterclass in the tasting of three Irish whiskeys from the Kilbeggan Distillery Range – Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey, Kilbeggan Single Grain and Tyrconnell Single Malt
- Visit to Sean’s Bar, Athlone – Ireland’s oldest pub, with a tasting of Sean’s Specially Blended & Single Malt Irish Whiskeys
- Premium tour and Whiskey Wise Masterclass at Tullamore Distillery (new tour product launching October 2021 – more details to follow)
- Lunch at the Bailey Pub in Athlone included.
- All taxes and fees