IRELAND'S HIDDERN HEARTLANDS WHISKEY TRAIL
Want to escape Dublin to the Irish countryside for a day? This tour is for you! Includes tour and premium tasting at Tullamore D.E.W.
9:30AM DEPARTURE FROM DUBLIN CITY
We meet outside the Celtic Whiskey Shop which is very centrally located on Dawson Street at 9:30am. Our luxury transport will be there ready for boarding and we head out of the city for the west. Your Whiskey Expert Host will entertain you as you sit back and enjoy the rolling Irish countryside. Don’t get too comfortable! Our first stop is only a quick hour down the road. First stop is Kilbeggan Distillery. We take the tour here at Kilbeggan which includes a master class in the tasting of three Irish whiskeys from the Kilbeggan Distillery Range – Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey, Kilbeggan Single Grain and Tyrconnell Single Malt.
ATHLONE AND IRELAND's OLDEST PUB
Next we visit one of Ireland’s most authentic towns, Athlone. Enjoy some free time here / grab some lunch. When we regroup, your host will take you for a visit to Sean’s Bar – Ireland’s oldest pub. In fact, Sean’s Bar is not only the oldest bar in Ireland, it’s the oldest in Europe. And right now, it is the oldest pub in the world! Timmy or Declan, who both run the bar, will show you a letter from the Guinness Book of Records as proof! They also have their very own whiskey brands which are really, really good. And you’ll enjoy a tasting of Sean’s Specially Blended & Single Malt Irish Whiskeys during our visit to the pub.
THE HOME OF TULLAMORE D.E.W.
Another quick transfer by road will have us at the home of Tullamore D.E.W., one of the biggest Irish whiskeys in the world. We take the upgraded tour at Tullamore with Whiskey Wise Masterclass in the impressive D.E. Williams Branch House. The masterclass will afford you the opportunity to try all whiskeys in the Tullamore range, including; Tullamore D.E.W. Original, Old Bonded Warehouse Release, XO Rum Cask, Trilogy and their 18YO Single Malt. The D.E. Williams Branch House is an experience in itself. Part-bar-part-grocery, this unique space was inspired by the branch houses of D.E.W., a chain of one-stop shops that thrived across the midlands over 100 years ago! After time for shopping, we hit the road for Dublin and have you back around the downtown area (Nassau Street) for 6:30pm. See details of package & pricing below…
- Full day tour to the midlands of Ireland, including counties; Westmeath & Offaly
- Small group tour – scheduled weekly tour (Wednesdays) is a guaranteed departure with minimum 2 guests and max 15
- Travel from stop to stop in executive transportation with chauffeur
- Experienced Whiskey Island guide to bring the Irish whiskey story to life and give commentary on board on each locality
- Guided tour of Kilbeggan Distillery with a masterclass in the tasting of three Irish whiskeys from the Kilbeggan Distillery Range – Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey, Kilbeggan Single Grain and Tyrconnell Single Malt.
- Visit to Sean’s Bar, Athlone – Ireland’s oldest pub, with a tasting of Sean’s Specially Blended & Single Malt Irish Whiskeys.
- Premium tour and Whiskey Wise Masterclass at Tullamore D.E.W. Taste all whiskeys in the Tullamore range; Tullamore D.E.W. Original, Old Bonded Warehouse Release, XO Rum Cask, Trilogy and their 18YO Single Malt
€199 euro per person (special rate – usually €249)